Wednesday, June 30, 2010

39 For 39


From Lara M. Ryan:
Today, June 30th, would have been Kim's 39th birthday. It also marks six months to the day that I lost my dear sister, my best friend, to cancer. Kim was diagnosed with stage 4 colorectal cancer in August of 2008 and passed away on December 31, 2009, after a courageous 18-month battle.

It has been a difficult six months for me and my family. We have experienced many "firsts" without Kim ... the first New Year's, the first Super Bowl (Kim loved a good football game), the first Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day and Father's Day. Today is just one more milestone we face as this is the first birthday Kim is not with us to celebrate. It seems only yesterday that Kim was taken from us, and days like today are especially hard. It re-emphasizes the time that has passed since I last heard her voice and her laugh, shared a story, looked to her for advice, hugged her, and saw her ever-present, infamous, ear-to-ear, toothy smile.

Over the years we have exchanged many gifts with one another — toys, books, Barbies, dolls, clothes, gift certificates ... and, a blanket: a blanket that Kim carried with her to each hospital visit and chemotherapy session. It was never very far from her and we laughed that as I teased her about becoming the Peanuts character, Linus. I believe the blanket gave her far more than physical warmth. It gave her a sense of her family, a sense of her animals that she loved so dear, a sense of home, and most of all, it gave her comfort and calmness.

Before her passing, Kim's vision was to help provide that same sense of comfort to her fellow patients who were enduring chemotherapy at Fort Bragg's Womack Army Medical Center by giving each patient their own cozy blanket. Thanks to you, we were able to fulfill Kim's vision and deliver 120 blankets to Womack on January 20, 2010. With the remaining blankets donated, our goal is to expand upon her vision and bring comfort to chemotherapy patients all over the United States, which is why the Kimberly A. Hansen Comfy for Chemo Foundation was formed.

In loving memory of Kim and in honor of her 39th birthday, we have launched the 39 for 39 campaign — 39 blankets for Kim's 39th birthday. Our goal is to raise enough money to purchase at least 39 Comfy for Chemo blankets. Again, these blankets will be used to further Kim's vision of providing a sense of warmth and comfort to those undergoing chemotherapy treatments.

Please join me and make a donation to the Kimberly A. Hansen Comfy for Chemo Foundation as a tribute to Kim as we remember and honor her on what would have been her 39th birthday in a life cut all to short by cancer. Help us make life just a little more comfortable and cozy for those who are in the fight for their lives by making a donation using our new PayPal button or send a check payable to Comfy to Chemo to the following address:

Lara Ryan
13314 Queensbury Lane
Houston, TX 77079

Donation levels:
$27 — buys one blanket for a patient undergoing chemotherapy
$39 — in honor of Kim's 39th birthday
General donation — every dollar helps us in our effort to bring comfort to chemotherapy patients


2 comments:

  1. I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Itua herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Itua heal my breast cancer which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Itua herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN, LOT OF LOVE, LOTTERY. ITS CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: info@drituaherbalcenter.com Or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  2. BREAST CANCER,is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by the American doctors but the best way to deal with CANCER is by taking natural herbs medicine for it, I have read about DR JAMES the great herbalist doctor who cured me from breast cancer with his powerful herbal medicine. I contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbal mix after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via UPS SPEED POST and it got to me after 3 days!i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and I was cured!its really like a dream but I am so happy! for the people suffering from the following diseases, Ovarian disease, Cancer, hypothyroidism, Herpes, COPD, HIV, Arthritis, Hpv, Infections,Liver Disease, Autoimmune Diseases, Parkinson's disease,Lupus,Nephrology and Hypertension, Neurology, Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Women's Health, Oncology, Pediatrics, Pulmonary, ACUTE MYELOFIBROSIS, ALZHEIMER's symptoms, BREAST CANCER, DIABETES, HAIR LOSS AND HAIR TREATMENT, KIDNEY DISEASES, LEUKEMIA, MYELOID LEUKEMIA, STEM CELL TREATMENTand more should contact him for his herbal medicine because I am a living testimony and i was cured of herpes and his medicine is legit. I sent him what he requested and he sent me his medicine which I took for 3 good weeks and today am out here with negative result. when I went for test I was so happy after going through his medication. you can reach him through E-mail : drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com Whatsapp :+2348152855846

    ReplyDelete

Tell us how you're living sassy ...